Perfect Introduction for Web usability Testing
If you are getting a new website then there are numerous things to look about. Website should appeal visitor, it should not be teasing one. In the World Wide Web, it is said that content is king and this is right because unless you don’t give the correct and required information, it will be not worth visiting your website. Usability testing is an integral part of web building else it wouldn’t be worth making a web project. Gone are those days when people were forced to use any website because there were few websites available online.
What is Usability for Websites?
Usability is a common word not a technical one so there should be no problem. In various aspects of life, we always see that there would be some object that can be handled easily while some would be not easy to use or understand. We will consider a layman for any object, how easy it is to understand about that product? If usability score of your website is good then it will become quite easy to use.
There can be numerous parameters that can be used such as learn ability, connectivity, ease to understand, user satisfaction and errors. Entire website is based on functionality so check how this main theme is working? Suppose you made a website with huge investment and there is any error in functionality then entire show is flop.
Why Usability Testing Must be Done?
I have already explained that ease of access is the key for process of web testing. Nowadays competition is high so if you put a flop show then people wouldn’t hesitate to go for next. Employing best usability testing techniques and getting errors sorted will definitely give an edge over competitors. You would have heard about click through rate, visitor to buyer conversion ratio etc. Eventually performance and business conversion will improvise.
What is Usability Testing?
This is process of website QA that analyze website from users’ prospective. Testing is all about test cases so considering usability, test cases are prepared. Tester needs to think like a user and set of action is prepared based on likely to be action performed. Behavior of website application is observed. In case any problem comes, things are noted instantly and checked how it is correlated with other similar functionalities or main theme.
Complete usability testing techniques can be classified into three parts:
- Discovery of errors
- Assessment reports
- Comparison with competitor website
These three can be elaborated as in the first stage all obstacles are observed. This is extremely important because until, you don’t know problem, how you can solve? While using website on numerous devices, this phase is completed.
Report making is very important; there should be a detailed document that should list all problems that gets to be handled by developer. Website developers create errors while they are also supposed to handle errors.
8 Different Types of Online Web Usability Testing Techniques:
- Hallway Web Testing: in this method new people who are actually not trained to test website are put on work. If there is a new project then this method can work effectively. Trained professional comes after this phase of initial web usability testing.
- Remote testing technique: this is quite common nowadays. Different country has infra and accessibility to applications are different. Testers from different parts of the world or country are asked to check website. Nowadays cheap tools are available through which testing is carried remotely. Laboratory is stuffed with high configuration system and application while testing system are normal ones.
- Expert check for Online Web Usability Testing: it is not possible to check any website properly without expert. Strong analytic ability along with knowledge of tools is required. Manual testing is employed for initial stage of large projects. When automation testing is brought then entire process changes and things shift to software tool. From QTP to Load-Runner, all tools generate automatic reports. No matter, you are using tools, there should be someone to write those scripts that are required to run tools.
- Prototype creation for web usability test: In the beginning phase of app testing, first a model is created and then further process is carried out. Sometime hand written sketch is brought while digital design is also used occasionally. Process becomes quite easy and reliable for many who wish to get into online usability testing.
- Question based voting: this is one of the best ways to come up with the assessment for website. All testers should be put with some questions and their reviews or thoughts should be collected. As per project or web application, interview questions are prepared. All questions revolves around usability testing.
- Self observation: if you are webmaster and not aware about the programming then you can’t create a website. Testing is entirely a different thing where you need to understand mainly functionality. As a webmaster you should check website once yourself so that satisfaction comes with self observation.
- Code for usability testing: different types of techniques are used for the usability and we will give you script as per project. You can directly request us to get script code so that automation tool can be run without any problem.
Is anything left after website usability testing?
Yes, there is something left that you have to look after. Website testing is actually a process that is to be run after every time you make change. This is called regression testing of website. You should make sure eventually this is all about making website perfect.
Which are the most popular tools for online web usability testing?
5 tools that are often used for website usability testing are as below:
- What Users Do
- User Zoom
- User Testing
- Usability HUB
These are some of the prominent tools generally used for website usability test.
Online Usability Testing: 10 Checklist to do at Home
Usability check means verifying level of comfort when any user is using product. We have proper working methodology to check, how users’experience with the web was. We have collection of important information regarding step by step testing.
10 Points to Check UI of Website:
- Test should be performed in lab: with any expert, things should be checked where enough infra is available for entire QA process.
- Participatory design: in this, participants are provided components and results are collected.
- Interviews need to be done for all participants of the entire course.
- Field studies: team should analyze things, which devices are being used and type of internet connection.
- Tracking tool: this tool can help because it will check where exactly users focus.
- Parameters of checking: this is quite important because until there will be no rule, how testing will be carried out?
- Remote testing should be used.
- Customer feedback: this is also called as Beta testing sometime. There should be a form where people will enter their feedback so that improvisation can be done in the website.
- Screen cover tool can also do the trick for usability test. A recorder test will be far better than others.
- A/B testing is also needed because it will give comparative results. If you have two versions of website then this split testing can work.
There are numerous other things when we consider Usability testing. We have tried to collect some important aspects regarding services.